Vigilance Unit, Prasar Bharati is the nodal section for handling all vigilance matters of the Prasar Bharati (Doordarshan & AIR). The Chief Vigilance Officer, Shri. Harsh Deep Srivastava, heads this unit.
The vigilance unit works in close coordination with the Vigilance Unit of the Ministry of I&B and the Central Vigilance Commission. The functions of vigilance in Prasar Bharati are:
· To conduct preventive checks.
· To investigate the complaints from various sources.
· To initiate departmental disciplinary proceedings, wherever necessary and to take the proceedings to their logical conclusion and with the approval of the competent disciplinary authority.
· To conduct inspections of different offices for the purpose of preventive vigilance.
· To make recommendations for system improvement where-ever necessary to improve the operational and the administrative functioning of Prasar Bharati.
· To investigate in detail of paras raised by CTE in their intensive examination.